Friday, June 1, 2012

What study abroad really means...

Study abroad.  Do not be fooled but this phrase.  Many people may think this is synonymous with vacation.  It is not.  Study comes first, in the phrase at least.  Don't get me wrong, studying is better abroad, but it is still studying.  And it does have to get done.  We are in class 5 1/2 hours each day.  Believe me, in the summer that seems like an eternity.  On top of that there is homework to be done and papers to write.  But when we are here we are learning continuously.  Every time I speak with my host mom I am learning more and more.  I have already noticed huge gains in my comprehension and understanding of Spanish.  But this is not a walk in the park.  Most of the time my brain feels like mush and I crave speaking English.  This is another reason I am glad that I am here with other students from K-State.  Studying abroad is fantastic, but when I signed up for this I kept forgetting about the "study" part.  Even so, I wouldn't change my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment