Sunday, June 3, 2012

Host Mom

Before I left America I filled out a questionnaire about my preferences for a family to live with.  I checked that I wanted to live with a family that had children.  Instead I am placed in a home with just one mom.  It is just me her.  Her name is Rosa and I couldn't be happier with her.  She is very particular, but extremely patient with me and understanding.  She has been hosting students for 12 years.  She talks slowly and repeats herself a lot until I finally understand, or at least say that I do!  She washes my laundry every Thursday and cooks my meals, delicious although not always the healthiest.  She talks a LOT!  But I have learned to ask questions.  It is extremely important especially when I do not understand what she is telling me.  My host mom obviously knows a lot about Cordoba and I have learned to ask her questions about it.  She always wants to tell me what she knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment